Followers

Friday 8 May 2015

Banksy - Greatness Girl - for Bee Crafty

Hiya and welcome to my Friday post for Bee Crafty
This week I got inspired by and inky/textured piece I saw on pinterest - So I chose to use some polyfiller, inks and one of my New Stamps 'Banksy - Greatness Girl', I really like this stamp and I think this brickwork template was a good choice for the background

First I cut a piece of watercolour cardstock to a few mm smaller than my 7x7 card blank. I love the texture of watercolour card and to bring this out I ran a distress ink pad in 'Antique Linen' over the cardstock. I then chose a brickwork template and applied polyfiller with a small pallet knife, not over the whole of the cardstock but roughly through the middle for an exposed brickwork look.
After letting the polyfiller dry I used a sponge and lemon juice around the edges of the card and to stamp the 'Large Branch' over the top left corner. I dried the lemon juice with a heat gun because when heated with a heat gun the lemon juice burns nicely to create a dark aged effect (smells nice too).


I stamped 'Greatness Girl' using archival ink - and the stamp is so great I got a perfect imprint even over the texture.


I inked through the 'Metal Work Alpha' inkable template using Black Soot distress ink to add to the graphitti look of the project. I also inked the edges using the Black Soot ink. I handpainted some ground under her feet using Chalky Finish paint in charcoal.
To finish the project I painted on mod podge, waited for it to dry and then fixed the project to mirror board before attaching to the card blank.
Thank you so much for visiting my post today - remember to visit again soon for more gorgeous projects by the Amazing Design Team.
Krafty Hugs xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

TCBOTB Background

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...