Followers

Friday 8 April 2016

Paperbabe Challenge - Midway Reminder - Sketch

Hiya and Welcome to my Blog

I have been ill over the last week with a chest infection so Ive been quite behind with all my work - so I am posting a Midway Reminder today for the Paperbabe Stamps latest Challenge 

It is a Sketch Challenge - the Sketch below is our Guideline for this Challenge - I followed the Sketch pretty much exactly to show how you could use the Sketch to create your entry for the challenge - you could also swap the flowers for any topper/image that you chose - you could also turn or flip the Sketch to fit how you would like to work




I really love Sketch Challenges they are brilliant as an inspiration if you have a dip in your crafty mojo - or for beginners who are just learning how to layout and balance their cardmaking/crafty projects

Here is my example for the Challenge


I started with some simple matt and layering using some pretty burgundy backing paper from my stash and a linen effect 6x6 card blank i rounded all the corners. I then trimmed a piece of stamping card and chose a few of my Paperbabe Stamps to create the flowers, sentiment and the spray effect background

The Paperbabe Stamps I chose to use are...

Paint Spray - from 'Spritz & Speckles' clear stamp set
Group Spots - from 'Birthday Wishes' clear stamp set
Single Spot (freckle) from 'Female Mini Face' clear stamp set
Roses & Leaves (cut up separately) from 'Rose Border' red rubber stamp set
You Are Loved sentiment 'You Quote - You Are Loved' red rubber stamp

I stamped the You Are Loved sentiment onto a strip of white card which I then cut into a Banner which I then doodled a faux stitching border. I matted the banner onto burgundy mirror board

I stamped the Paint Spray stamp twice using grey ink onto the stamping card I had prepped earlier. I then stamped the Spots stamps using the grey ink.

I fixed the banner to the card using 1mm foam tape to raise it up and add dimention.

I stamped 2 sizes of the Roses using black ink, coloured them using my Copic Markers and fussy cut them out. I fussy cut out a smaller layer from one of the larger rose wich I attached on top of the other one with glue gun to create a decoupage layer. I layered up the leaves and roses to the card and then fixed the card toppper I have created to the card front using foam tape to raise it up from the rest of the layers.

Thank You so much for visiting my Blog today I hope I have inspired you to enter the Challenge you have 1 week to get your entries in over on the Paperbabe Stamps blog 

Krafty Hugs xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

TCBOTB Background

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...