Followers

Thursday 20 October 2016

New MDF Substrates - 'Bottle Of' - from PaperBabe

Hiya and Welcome to my Design Team Post for PaperBabe Stamps

We are Introducing the New Products in the PaperBabe Etsy Shop and Today I am sharing a Project I have made using the New MDF Substrates that match the 'Bottle Of' Stamp Set


I created a Mixed Media Portrait that will be part of our Halloween decor this year as I love how it turned out. I took a long time to put together but I loved every minute

I used an A4 Canvas Board which I covered using jointing tape (from Hubby's Shed) I then used polyfiller to smooth over the board this gave the whole board more strength. Next I smoothed more polyfiller through a brick stencil over 3/4 of the board and through a burlap stencil over the last 1/4. Once dry I painted these areas the bricks using magnolia and mushroom chalky paints and the burlap using magnolia and vintage blush chalky inks. I wanted to create brick wall and wallpaper effects.

I asked Hubby to cut a piece of routed wood for me to form a shelf (I love that my Hubby is so talented with wood) I painted the wood piece using white gesso, once dry I painted over the gesso with light brown watercolour which gave a nice wood grain effect. I fixed the wooden shelf to the board using my hot glue gun.


The bottles I painted all the pieces first using white gesso, then added colours using watercolour paints. I stamped the labels using Archival Ink in Black. I painted sold gold paint over the mermaid tears bottle which I had also stamped and painted bubbles on using the dot outline stamp from the Birthday Wishes stamp set. I dusted faint glitter onto the dragon dust bottle and used glitter glue over the fairy dust bottle. I glued all the pieces of the bottles together then attached to my project just like they are sitting on the shelf I made.


Next I created a Mini Portait of The Witch I imagined would be the owner of the Bottles. I stamped the 'Mayleedee Witchily' stamp onto white cardstock and coloured her using my coloured pencils, the background is watercolour pencils and water. I created a frame by first gluing the mini portrait to a piece of gold cardstock, then by die-cutting a piece of white craft foam using an ornate frame die and a square die. I then painted the foam using gold acrylic paint which once dry I glued over the mini portrait. I then attached the mini portrait in frame to the brick wall on my project. 

I painted over the whole project using 2 layers of Mod-Podge to seal

I have really enjoyed making this project it was a lot of fun. I have really started to enjoy making Mixed Media projects and I know I will be making more of them in future

Don't Forget to visit the Paperbabe Stamps Blog and my Teamies Blogs below to see more Gorgeous Projects 


Thank You so much for visiting my Blog today... please leave me a comment so I know you have stopped by

Krafty Hugs xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

TCBOTB Background

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...