Followers

Monday, 20 March 2017

Hochanda Samples - Steampunk Stories - for Bee Crafty Stamps

I hope you watched the Bee Crafty Shows on Hochanda with Our Bev & Our Sam weren't they just amazing and so inspiring, I always love to see their Demo's... Unfortunately I missed the last post so my Samples didnt make it to the shop on time so they were not shown on the show so I am sharing them with you here instead... I shared one last week but in case you missed it... they are all here today...


This is the one I shared on the Team Blog last week... If you havent seen the post click on the link below to see how I made it


For this make I have inked the Background cardstock using Peeled Paint and Tumbled Glass distress inks, Then stamped one of the Style Wire Borders around the edge. For the main Image I stamped the beautiful 'Steampunk Stories - Rosie' onto white linen cardsstock using archival ink. I then inked around the edges with the 2 distress inks again. I then tapped the Peeled Paint distress inkpad onto my glass craft mat, spritzed with water, picked up the colour using a paint brush and painted over her eyes and her dress. I then stamped 'Wordage 'Love Love' onto an offcut of the linen cardstock using archival ink and inked the edges using Tumbled Glass distress ink. I matted all the pieces using black cardstock and layered them up on a 7x7 inch Cardblank.


For this one I used a piece of grey board which I prepped using white gesso on a dry brush to create a distressed look background. I then stamped the Bolt from 'Steampunk Stories - Cog Set' just onto the edges of 3 sides and fully onto the 4th side. I inked over using Tea Dye distress ink. I then trimmed a piece of the Steampunk Background Papers, inked the eges and glued to the background. On leftover greyboard that I had prepped using white gesso, I stamped 'Steampunk Stories - Rosie', I then coloured over her hair using some brown coloured pencils, trimmed her out using sharp scissors, inked the edges and fixed to the background but overlapping the background paper. On another leftover piece of greyboard which I left unprepped I stamped 'Wordage - Making Memories' I then roughly painted gesso around the edges and lightl inked using Frayed Burlap distress ink. To finish I added some paper flowers that I inked using Frayed Burlap distress ink and fixed to the project using a hot glue gun.


For this one I trimmed a piece of linen cardstock to a half cm smaller than a 5x7 cardblank. I inked this piece of cardstock using Squeezed Lemonade & Tattered Rose distress inks. I stamped the postcard script from 'Steampunk Stories - Post Card Set' in the corner along the long side on the right of the cardstock piece. I stuck down some 'Jointing Tape' (pinched from hubby's toolshed) under where I would attach the main image. For the main image I stamped 'Steampunk Stories - Violinist' onto watercolour card which I had pre-trimmed to a nice size for the card front. I then watercoloured her using Victorian Velvet, Tattered Rose & Frayed Burlap distress inks that I dabbed onto my glass craft mat, I painted them on using a water spritzer first and lifting the colours from the mat using a paint brush. I had stamped the image using a pale inkpad so when I painted over her she looked more like a painted sketch. To finish my card I inked a few paper flowers using a makeup sponge and Frayed Burlap distress ink.

I hope these have shown you a few other ways to use your 'Steampunk Stories' stamps, I'm a big fan of soft vintage colours so these were perfect to use with the stamps

Please visit again soon to see more of my Krafty Adventures

Krafty Hugs xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...